The spirituality of the Lovers of the Holy Cross is embodied in the very name of the Institute which the Founder had chosen. It is the spirit of mortification and sacrifice because of love:
- the love for Jesus Christ crucified on the cross, who laid down His life to prove His greatest love for God the Father and all people;
- the love for His cross and the willingness to accept the cross of oneself with a strong conviction that "in my flesh, I am filling up what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ on behalf of his body, which is the Church." This love:
- unites the Sisters in a special way to the salvific works of Jesus Christ;
- develops the spirit of solidarity with the suffering of humanity;
- overflows the Sister's hearts with the joy and hope springing from the belief in the Resurrection.